- Chinese (Simplified)
Appointment and Booking Policy
- If you arrive 15 minutes or later for a scheduled appointment the service provider has the right to refuse service or reduce the length of the service to ensure that their next scheduled appointment does not have to be pushed back. This rule also applies to waxing appointments only allowing a five-minute grace period.
- Centers may require a credit card on file to reserve your appointment. If you don’t have your credit card on file you may only be allowed to come in on a walk-in basis if available.
- If you cannot make your appointment please call to reschedule or cancel at least 12 hours ahead of time. If you do not provide sufficient notice you may be charged up to the full amount of your scheduled service.
- All children under the age of 18 are classified as minors and must have a parent/guardian signature on their intake form. All children under the age of 12 must have a parent present during their session. LaVida Massage cannot be responsible for minors while left unattended. Some state regulations require a parent or guardian to be physically present in the room during the treatment of any age minor.
- Multiple person bookings and multiple service bookings (three or more services) may require a credit card to be placed on file to book the appointments. No credit card will be charged unless any part of any appointment, or person in a multiple person booking, is not canceled with 12 hours of notice prior to the scheduled appointment time. This includes being too late to perform the service or not showing up for the appointment.
Gift Certificates and Gift Cards
- Gift certificates and gift cards are not redeemable for cash.
- We cannot accept or verify lost gift certificates and gift cards.
- All gift certificates and gift cards must be presented at the time of service or you must pay by other means.
- All gift certificates and gift cards are non-refundable.
- All returned checks will result in a $30 fee.
- Prices subject to change without prior notification.
- LaVida Massage cannot be held responsible for lost or stolen items.
Benefits Program Terms and Conditions
Details of the Benefits Program
- Your Membership entitles you to a 60 Minute Custom Massage Session or 60 Minute Custom Signature Facial Session (where available) Monthly that will be available the same day every month.
- You may receive unlimited additional massages during the month for a discounted rate.
- You receive 10% off all retail products sold at LaVida Massage.
- Your Benefits Program Membership is valid only at the LaVida Massage location where you originally signed up. Although, all LaVida Massage locations will honor their local Membership price to you as long as you are an active member.
- Your Membership and monthly credited massage session can be shared with one additional family member.
- You may use your prepaid towards a 90-minute massage, 120-minute massage, 60-minute facial, hot stone massage, or aromatherapy and pay the difference in price.
- You may use 2 monthly credited massage sessions you have accumulated towards a 120 minute massage without paying a difference.
- All LaVida Massage sessions include five minutes for Check In and Initial Consultation as well as time to undress. All sessions conclude with five minutes for Post-Consultation, guest recommendations, and time to redress. As an example, if you book a 60-minute Custom Session from LaVida Massage, that means 50 minutes of customized hands-on treatment from an expert therapist.
- If you have a Pre-Paid Package, you must use all of your pre-paid massage sessions prior to the expiration of the Membership.
- You understand that if you are not able to come in a particular month, you still will be charged and your monthly credited massage sessions will roll over to the next month.
Cancellation of Your Membership
If you chose to terminate your Membership
- Your Membership is set up month to month and auto-renews until you cancel.
- You understand that you must sign LaVida Massage’s “Cancellation Agreement” to cancel your Membership.
- You understand that you will be charged one future scheduled Benefits Program payment from your account/credit card. You will have 30 days after this payment to use any remaining accumulated massages, after which all accumulated massages, will be forfeited from your account and your Membership will be considered terminated. There will be no refund of any kind on terminated sessions.
- If you have a Paid in Advance Membership you understand you will not be able to be refunded any money for any portion of your unused massages.
If LaVida Massage chooses to terminate your Membership:
For the any of following reasons, LaVida Massage may cancel your Membership at anytime and all monthly credited sessions will be considered forfeited by you if:
- You abuse your Membership due to misuse of appointments such as excessive cancellations or no-shows.
- You have insufficient funds in your account for your monthly Membership fee two consecutive months in a row from the provided Credit/Debit Card. Use of accumulated monthly credited sessions will not be allowed until a new credit card is updated in our system.
- Inappropriate behavior from the clients or Therapists will not be tolerated in any manner. Please notify the Manager immediately for appropriate action.
- You have knowingly given LaVida Massage false information and credit account information to process your Membership properly.
- We reserve the right to terminate or deny re-enrollment for an undetermined amount of time for not following any of our Policies & Procedures.
Rewards Program Terms and Conditions
Valid for product or services only. All program rules, redemption criteria, and redemption values are subject to change at the sole discretion of LaVida Massage. Points have no cash value, cannot be redeemed for the visit in which they are received, and must cover the total cost of a service or goods (no partial payments).
All session times include five minutes for an initial consultation and undressing and conclude with five minutes for redressing and recommendations. For example, a 60-minute custom massage session will consist of five minutes for initial consultation and undressing, 50 minutes of a hands-on custom massage, and five minutes for redressing and recommendations.
LaVida Massage Policies
LaVida Massage recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of all information provided by users of our websites, subscribers to our services, registrants for our events, and all other customers of our products and services. We created this policy with a fundamental respect for our customers’ right to privacy and to guide our relationships with our customers. This Privacy Statement discloses the privacy practices for all products and services owned by LaVida Massage.
Information Collection and Use
LaVida Massage collects information from our website users, subscribers, and other customers. In this section of our Privacy Statement, we describe the type of information we collect and how we use it to provide better services to our customers.
Registration and Ordering
Using our website and signing up for certain selected services (such as personal business lists), users must first register. During registration, users are required to give their contact information (such as name, e-mail address, mailing address, and phone number). For internal purposes, we use this information to communicate with users and provide requested services, and, for our website visitors, to provide a more personalized experience on our sites. We also may collect demographic information. We use aggregate demographic information about our audience to improve our service, for marketing purposes and/or industry reporting purposes.
Many of our products and services are free to subscribers who meet certain demographic criteria. Independent auditors may need to certify the eligibility of these subscribers. In order to do that, we may collect unique identifiers (such as mother’s maiden name) that we disclose to the auditors strictly for industry reporting and audit verification purposes.
For our services that require payment (Business Subscriptions), we also collect credit card information (such as account name, number, and expiration date), which is used for our or our agent’s billing purposes only and is not otherwise shared.
Surveys and Contests
From time to time we invite website users and other customers to provide information via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and the website user or other customer, therefore, has a choice whether to disclose requested contact information (such as name and mailing address) and demographic information (such as zip code or job title). In addition to the other uses set forth in this policy, contact information collected in connection with surveys and contests is used to notify the winners and award prizes and to monitor or improve the use of, and satisfaction with the website or other LaVida Massage product or service. Subject to the given customer’s preferences (as described in the “Permission” section below), such information also may be shared with third-party sponsors of such surveys or contests.
If customers elect to use our referral service for informing a friend about our sites and services, we may ask them for the friend’s name, interests, and e-mail address. LaVida Massage will store and use this information to send the friend an invitation. This information may also be used to provide information about our company and related products and services. The friend may contact us as specified in the tell-a-friend message to request that no further communications be sent.
Communications with Us
We have features where our customers can submit information to us (such as our feedback forms). Where such submissions include requests for service, support, or information, we may forward them to our agents, as needed, to best respond to the specific request. In addition, we may retain e-mails and other information sent to us for our internal administrative purposes, and to help us to serve customers better. Please note that letters to the editor and similar submissions may be made public unless they refer to current registered businesses, in which case information is not disclosed.
Communications from Us: Service Updates, Special Offers
LaVida Massage will never send email notifications to users unless they specifically request so.
Automatic Data Collection
LaVida Massage has features that automatically collect information from customers, deliver content specific to customers’ interests, and honor their preferences. This information assists us in creating products and services that will serve the needs of our customers.
For example, we use “cookies,” a piece of data stored on the user’s hard drive containing information about the user. Cookies benefit the user by requiring login only once, thereby saving time while on our web site. If users reject the cookies, they may be limited in the use of some areas of our website. For example, the user may not be able to participate in sweepstakes, contests, or drawings.
For our internal purposes, we gather date, time, browser type, navigation history and IP address of all visitors to our web sites. This information does not contain anything that can identify users personally. We use this information for our internal security audit log, trend analysis, and system administration, and to gather broad demographic information about our user base for aggregate use.
We may combine demographic information supplied by a customer at registration with website usage data to provide general profiles, in aggregate non-personally identifiable form, about our customers and their preferences in the content of the site and advertising. We may share this composite information with our advertisers and business affiliates to help them better understand our services.
With Whom Your Information is Shared
Finally, on occasion, we may provide targeted lists of names and offline and online contact information for marketing purposes to third parties, subject to our Permission policies, as described below, pursuant to which we give customers the option of not having their name or contact information disclosed to third parties.
Other than as set forth above, we do not share personally identifiable information with other companies, apart from those acting as our agents in providing our product(s)/service(s), and which agree to use it only for that purpose and to keep the information secure and confidential. Also, our parent, subsidiary, and affiliate companies, entities into which our company may be merged, or entities to which any of our assets, products, sites, or operations may be transferred, will be able to use personal information. We will also disclose the information we maintain when required to do so by law, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena or other legal obligation, in response to a law enforcement agency’s request, or in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property. Users should also be aware that courts of equity, such as U.S. Bankruptcy Courts, might have the authority under certain circumstances to permit personal information to be shared or transferred to third parties without permission.
We may share aggregate information, which is not personally identifiable, with others. This information may include usage and demographic data, but it will not include personal information.
Updating Personal Information
If your personally identifiable information changes (such as zip code), or if you no longer desire our product(s)/service(s), we provide a way to correct or update your personal data: you may contact Customer Support at 248-360-6157 or [email protected] to change your preferences.
Our customers are given the opportunity to choose whether to receive
information from our affiliates and us not directly related to the product or service for which they registered (or which they otherwise agreed to receive). Customers also have the opportunity to choose whether to have personal information shared with third parties for marketing purposes.
Please note that we will endeavor to implement your permission requests within a reasonable time, although for a time you may continue to receive mailings, etc., transmitted based on information released prior to the implementation of your request. In addition, please note that even after such request is implemented, your page will continue to update information directly related to the service for which you registered (or which you otherwise agreed to receive), so you always are kept updated.
We use reasonable precautions to protect our customers’ personal information and to store it securely. Sensitive information that is transmitted to us online (such as credit card number, only applies to Businesses) is encrypted and is transmitted to us securely. In addition, access to all of our customers’ information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted. Finally, the servers on which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
LaVida Massage may contain links to other sites. LaVida Massage is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each website to which we may link that may collect personally identifiable information.
LaVida Massage websites are not directed at individuals under thirteen years of age, and LaVida Massage does not intend to collect any personally identifiable information from such individuals.
Notification and Changes
If we change our Privacy Statement, we will post those changes on this page so our users are aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under which circumstances, if any, we disclose it. Users should check this policy frequently to keep abreast of any changes.